Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-25-2016, 09:01 AM   #1
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
[Editor Plugin] EpubCheck

This plugin allows you to check books with EpubCheck 4.0.2. Make sure that you have Java installed on your machine before installing and running this plugin.

To test whether Java is installed on your machine open a command prompt/terminal window and enter the following command:

Code:
java -version
If you don't get a version number, Java is either not installed or the Java binary can't be found. If Java is not installed, go to the Oracle website to download the latest Java version. (Note that you'll need to re-boot your machine after the installation.)

Credits: Kovid Goyal who helped me with my Qt5 and Calibre API questions and gave me useful pointers.

Disclaimer: Since I'm not a programmer you might want to save your books before having them checked by this plugin. (The plugin will also automatically create a checkpoint.)

Troubleshooting: If you get a WindowsError: [Error 2] unhandled exception message, the Java binary couldn't be found. Installing/updating Java and re-booting your machine should take care of this problem.

If you still can't get the plugin to work, download Pagina Epub-Checker (freeware) and use it with the Calibre Open With plugin.

Version History
Spoiler:

Version 0.1.1 - 25 Dec 2016
Disabled option to automatically close the Check Book tab.
Version 0.1.0 - 25 Dec 2016
Initial release.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EpubCheck.zip (7.58 MB, 5955 views)

Last edited by Doitsu; 12-26-2016 at 03:53 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2016, 10:50 AM   #2
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo AuraHD/Aura6"/AuraH2O/GloHD/AuraOne
Hi Doitsu,

Thank you for your work

Some feedback. I didn't have any problem installing it but when I run it in the Editor it always removes my docked panel (bottom left on my setup) for the standard calibre Check Book. It's easy enough to go back into View to recheck 'Check Book' but I'd rather not have to do that if possible. Running Check Book also puts it back in place.

Also EpubCheck automatically docks itself along the whole of the top of the Editor window. It allows itself to be docked elsewhere (I put it alongside 'Check Book') but when it's run it always moves itself back along the top. Is this deliberate?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 12:48 PM   #3
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi jackie_w,

All the issues that you mentioned are actually by design, because I first run Check Book and then EpubCheck, but this can be easily disabled. I attached a new version, which will no longer close the Check Book window, to my first post.

The original behavior can be restored by adding the following entry to EpubCheck.json:
Code:
{
  "close_cb": true
}
D.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Doitsu - thanks for the Christmas surprise.

I adjusted your thread title to make it consistent with similar plugins.

The Notes at the top of the Plugins Index thread describe what you need to do to get your PI included in the Index. Including it in the Index will ensure users get notified when you release a new version.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 03:58 AM   #5
Doitsu
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I adjusted your thread title to make it consistent with similar plugins.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
The Notes at the top of the Plugins Index thread describe what you need to do to get your PI included in the Index. Including it in the Index will ensure users get notified when you release a new version.
Here's the required information:

Code:
[*][Editor Plugin] EpubCheck 
Simple EpubCheck wrapper
Version: 0.1.1; Released: 12-25-2016; Calibre: 2.70.0; Author: Doitsu; History: Yes; 
Platforms: Windows, OSX, Linux
Advert
Old 12-26-2016, 04:57 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Doitsu - it should get copied to here Index of calibre plugins within the next hour or so, and then it will show up in Get New plugins

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:59 AM   #7
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo AuraHD/Aura6"/AuraH2O/GloHD/AuraOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Hi jackie_w,

All the issues that you mentioned are actually by design, because I first run Check Book and then EpubCheck, but this can be easily disabled. I attached a new version, which will no longer close the Check Book window, to my first post.

The original behavior can be restored by adding the following entry to EpubCheck.json:
Code:
{
  "close_cb": true
}
Thanks for the extra option
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote