Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-16-2016, 12:55 AM   #1
eggheadbooks1
Read, don't parrot.
eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kobo Touch, Aldiko for Android
Plugin icon appears 3X in toolbar

Hi all: when I installed the latest Sigil (after uninstalling the earlier version as recommended), I now see the new plugin icon on the toolbar. Queer thing is, I have three identical icons all pointing to my one plugin, the Add iBooks XML. Is this normal?
eggheadbooks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 05:38 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
First off: they're not identical icons. Look closer.
The only reason all three would point to the same plugin is if you assigned the same plugin to all three in The Plugin Manager dialog.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2016, 01:50 PM   #3
eggheadbooks1
Read, don't parrot.
eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
First off: they're not identical icons. Look closer.
The only reason all three would point to the same plugin is if you assigned the same plugin to all three in The Plugin Manager dialog.
You're correct: one has one dot, then two dots, then three dots. But I didn't assign anything when I installed the new version (didn't know that I could). I just followed the instructions to uninstall the older version (which still left my plugins intact), then installed the new one.

There was a problem with the install due to issues I was having with my PC, which necessitated me having to uninstall, reinstall again. Perhaps that was the origin? In any case, I have now gone into the Manager and have unassigned the plugin from the other two icons.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:01 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure what may have happened. We've had no other reports of the plugin shortcuts being auto-populated, but we'll certainly keep an eye out.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:41 PM   #5
eggheadbooks1
Read, don't parrot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
...We've had no other reports of the plugin shortcuts being auto-populated...
I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, SP1, if that helps.

Otherwise one can only assume it's because I'm special.
Advert
Old 11-17-2016, 06:38 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggheadbooks1 View Post
I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, SP1, if that helps.

Otherwise one can only assume it's because I'm special.
Not that special--I have them, too.

TBH, I assumed that they were placeholding. The only PU I have, in this version, at the moment, is FC. Nada mas. I just moved up to this one, and haven't repopulated it yet (did this at the same time that I switched over to the Win10 box from the Win7. 64bit, FWIW.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:04 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Not that special--I have them, too.

TBH, I assumed that they were placeholding. The only PU I have, in this version, at the moment, is FC. Nada mas. I just moved up to this one, and haven't repopulated it yet (did this at the same time that I switched over to the Win10 box from the Win7. 64bit, FWIW.)

Hitch
The menu buttons themselves are placeholders. You assign plugins to them. Then you can assign keyboard shortcuts to the Run Plugin 1 (2|3) actions. If you've never assigned anything to them, they should do nothing. Eggheadbooks1 is saying that all three of the menu buttons are configured to run the same plugin. Are you saying all three of your buttons are configured to run the Flightcrew plugin, Hitch? And that you did not use the Plugin Manager to assign the Flightcrew plugin to those buttons?

Tags
plugin icon, sigil