Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-19-2016, 06:48 AM   #1
josiegrosie101
josiegrosie101 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Calibre unable to send wirelessly to kindle

Hi
For the past 6 weeks I have been unable to send files to kindle wirelessly. I haven't changed anything, made sure I have updated the newest release. Where am I going wrong? I have run the start up wizard again, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
josiegrosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:39 AM   #2
rumfic
rumfic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi,
the same thing happened to me.
create a new email GMX or hotmail and set it up (in the Amamzon also!)

(sorry, english not my nativ language)
rumfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2016, 11:53 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:16 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Good People:
Calibre and Kindle ( or other brands) are not the only players in the 'get the book to my device game"

So the "I haven't changed " anything is or isn't relevant depending on your particular system / network configuration.

GMX changed their Terms of Service (recent coverage in other threads) and you need to accept (outside of Calibre) for you to be able to continue usage.

Microsoft sent (and I installed) a 225mb to my W7 laptop system yesterday
W10 took the choice away. It happens.

Your security suite gets daily (or more frequent) updates, usually automatic The firewall may have changed blocking rules.

Your Kindle can phone home for sync and it might grab the occasional (yearly) update. (The Kindle app on Android seems to update weekly)
Your ISP may manage their (your end) routers firewall and make silent updates.

All I am saying here is:

re check all the pieces suggested in the Calibre FAQ on connectivity

read the recent Calibre threads here at MR. to see if it has been reported (and a Solution posted)

Check device connectivity BEFORE updating Calibre (or the Device) so you get warm-fuzzies of what it ISN'T

Sorry for the rant, but we answer the same questions many times and it gets tiresome and takes away from those that do have issues that have not been covered

And if you do find an issue that is not reported (usually by power users) during the first release day, do POST the error log/message (in [spoiler] tags)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:22 AM   #5
josiegrosie101
josiegrosie101 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite

Last edited by josiegrosie101; 09-08-2017 at 06:42 AM.
josiegrosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2017, 06:43 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by josiegrosie101 View Post
Wow! Thanks for the support. Obviously if I knew what to do, I would have done it. A simple link to a thread would have been great
By the way, I read everything you said, and didn't understand the majority of it.
Welcome to MR.
My aim is to point you in the right direction and give you a leg up to learning what is needed for a problem resolution (as opposed to allow you to continue flailing around until it is either fixed or totally destroyed ).

Do take a bit of time to read the FAQ section on the Calibre Help page (Click the Help icon on the main Calibre toolbar). Many times the SIMPLE solution to an issue has been covered, which is a whole lot easier to do, than recover from a 'I tried x and now it ;swear: is a total mess"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote