Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-08-2016, 06:25 PM   #1
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur
CalbertAmu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I deleted the index files and now it's reindexing everything

I saw that the index files were taking up around 170 MB, so I deleted it after I made a backup. To see whether it would reindex, I searched for a nonsense word and it showed that everything needed to be indexed. Well I made a backup so I'm fine I thought. But after I replaced the new index files on the system folder with the baclup, it still showed that the books were being indexed.

Why didn't it work?
CalbertAmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:14 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalbertAmu View Post
I saw that the index files were taking up around 170 MB, so I deleted it after I made a backup. To see whether it would reindex, I searched for a nonsense word and it showed that everything needed to be indexed. Well I made a backup so I'm fine I thought. But after I replaced the new index files on the system folder with the baclup, it still showed that the books were being indexed.

Why didn't it work?
Because the job is still in the job queue.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert