Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-20-2016, 09:53 PM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Opening Calibre taking a long time

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions to help me out. I have just installed the latest version of Calibre and when I open the application I notice that it says Initializing User Interface for a substantial period of time like maybe a minute. This never happened before. Is there some setting I should change? Before this Calibre opened pretty quickly. Just wanted to see if folks had any thoughts on this and thanks in advance for any ideas. Appreciate any feedback.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Do you have lots of columns from other columns?
Were you in Grid View or have the Cover browser showing?
Did your anti-whatever also have a update? Exclude the Library folder
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2016, 10:14 AM   #3
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Wondering if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions to help me out. I have just installed the latest version of Calibre and when I open the application I notice that it says Initializing User Interface for a substantial period of time like maybe a minute. This never happened before. Is there some setting I should change? Before this Calibre opened pretty quickly. Just wanted to see if folks had any thoughts on this and thanks in advance for any ideas. Appreciate any feedback.

@childady1:

This happens to me frequently when I am running other Windows 10 applications that consume either a lot of CPU or a lot of WI-FI bandwidth or both.

For example, if I am downloading several things simultaneously, Calibre takes forever to start. I solve this by "pausing" the downloads, then "resuming" them after Calibre has fully started.

It also used to happen when a hard-disk intensive application was running, but since I switched to an SSD, that has disappeared.

Given that I have to start and re-start Calibre every few minutes while actively working on my add-ons and plug-ins to test them, I have acquired quite a bit of empirical data about this phenomenon. Since I start Calibre from a .bat file that invokes debug-mode, it is quite easy to just close the resulting command box. Otherwise, I just kill the task using Task Manager, and then "pause" the offending application, or just wait until it finishes, before restarting Calibre.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote