Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 05-18-2016, 02:01 AM   #1
Tintin
Enthusiast
Tintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
Audible and Amazon Household

First of all, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I have only recently embraced the joy of audiobooks.

My wife and I have just bought two Amazon HD6 Fire tablets, to be used for traveling due to their compact size. We have joined Amazon Household which enables us to access each other's books and apps, so far so good.

However it now transpires that you cannot do this with your Audible files if you live in the UK - it is possible in the US!

Now I know there are other ways of sharing Audible books on various tablets by work arounds but not on the Fire tablets. Besides, why should Brits be discriminated against and why should we not be able to do this with the full blessing of Audible? It works for Kindle!

The nice lady at Audible explained all this to me and thanked me for my input.

Just thought this might be a deal breaker for some people.
Tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:07 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I really haven't tried it. The easiest way to share books is simply to use the same account. This method works fine for the fire tablets.

I buy audiobooks for my niece and nephew. I have one account for that. I have a separate account for my audiobooks. it just requires two different email addresses.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2016, 07:53 AM   #3
Tintin
Enthusiast
Tintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura about

You really are dedicated Liz but I understand why we go to this trouble, it is a labour of love!

I am going to be a thorn in Amazon's side though, they really should allow sharing in UK!
Old 05-18-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Keep writing to them, and hopefully they'll add the feature over there. I suspect they will. This seems more like a software management issue, than any kind of legal or contractual block, in other words, maybe they just haven't gotten around to implimenting the new feature on the UK's platform.

Until they do, could you not just log into each other's accounts when you want to listen to a book the other person owns?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:26 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
On my Fire 6 you can have more than one profile. I'm currently using hubby's account but can switch back and forth between the two with just two clicks. This is different than sharing a library. Hubby would freak if I did that with all the romances I own. You can set it up in settings. This only works on newer Fires from 2014 and up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201540710

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2016, 03:17 AM   #6
Tintin
Enthusiast

@ApK Thanks for your input. Oh, they are aware of it but it is just an option available on trial for the moment in USA. There is just no option to log into each other's accounts on Fire HD6, I have tried it through the app AND on the website, just won't let me! I will take your advice and keep writing! Maybe if more people on here press for it? Watch out Audible, the Brits are coming!

@Blossom. Good idea, hadn't thought of that option. Good work around apart from the fact that it is my Kindle, all mine!! Seriously though, I may do that, thank you and enjoy your bodice rippers!
Old 05-20-2016, 06:10 AM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
You're welcome. I'm currently enjoying Kindle Unlimited trial on hubby's account. I read very few bodice rippers these days. Bodice Rippers are historical romances set in the 70s and 80s. I read mainly romantic suspense set in modern times. No bodice ripping. It's all mutual between both parties. It's the Romance publishers covers of shirtless men hubby has a problem of having on his account.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote