Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-03-2016, 12:49 AM   #1
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
pristine build from git HEAD is broken

I believe the setup/mathjax.py changes are at fault. It requires the lzma extension and calibre.ptempfile which somehow pulls in the nonexistent icu plugin... at any rate, I get the following error:

Code:
[eschwartz@arch ~/git/calibre]$ python2 setup.py build --clean-all && python2 setup.py --help 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 13, in <module>
    import setup.commands as commands
  File "/home/eschwartz/git/calibre/setup/commands.py", line 38, in <module>
    from setup.mathjax import MathJax
  File "/home/eschwartz/git/calibre/setup/mathjax.py", line 15, in <module>
    from lzma.xz import compress
  File "/home/eschwartz/git/calibre/src/lzma/xz.py", line 17, in <module>
    from calibre.ptempfile import SpooledTemporaryFile
  File "/home/eschwartz/git/calibre/src/calibre/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    from calibre.startup import winutil, winutilerror
  File "/home/eschwartz/git/calibre/src/calibre/startup.py", line 149, in <module>
    from calibre.utils.icu import title_case, lower as icu_lower, upper as icu_upper
  File "/home/eschwartz/git/calibre/src/calibre/utils/icu.py", line 28, in <module>
    raise RuntimeError('Failed to load icu with error: %s' % err)
RuntimeError: Failed to load icu with error: No module named icu
/home/eschwartz/git/calibre/src/calibre/ptempfile.py:27: RuntimeWarning: Parent module 'calibre' not found while handling absolute import
  import shutil
When the "build" stage was previously done (or I temporarily back out to commit 6b967c1f064be5caf892dfc9fc88cc9058197936) everything goes smoothly... although I will note that the mathjax command doesn't actually work to download a remote copy. The TemporaryDirectory gets deleted before it is actually used.

(I think I will need to rig that step with a local MathJax source anyway, because packaging standards. )
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Why would icu be non-existent? bootstrap runs build before running mathjax

In any case, I removed the dependency on calibre.ptempfile in the mathjax builder.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2016, 01:34 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The error as demonstrated above happened even when you try to run the setup.py help -- it imported the list of commands and tripped over the lzma import.

The delayed import fixed it, thanks.

Last edited by eschwartz; 05-03-2016 at 01:55 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote