Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-19-2016, 06:08 AM   #1
Lizj1
Enthusiast
Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, Kindle 3, Kobo H20, Oasis 2
Match Book to Library, Linux

I have Calibre 2.51 running under Linux (zorin 10, which is based on Ubuntu 15.04).

When I connect my Kindle Fire HDX, it correctly sees the books on my kindle.
I switch to the Device view, then right click on a book that is NOT flagged as "In Library", then click on Match book to library.

My problem is that when I click on Search, there is no visual clue as to whether the search is running or not. If I wait, it may find posible matches, or it may not. I just don't know if the search is still running, or if it didn't find anything.

Is this problem caused by the theme I am using (Clearlooks Phenix) or do other linux users have the same problem?

Any pointers gratefuly received!

Last edited by Lizj1; 02-19-2016 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Title got lost
Lizj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:05 PM   #2
Lizj1
Enthusiast
Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!

So it turns out that Calibre behaves the same way in Win7 - No visual clue as to whether the search is still running, or if it finished without finding a match.
Advert
Old 02-22-2016, 10:43 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...e36c44cfa8ac42
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:25 AM   #4
Lizj1
Enthusiast

Wow, thanks!
So I guess I have some reading to do to find out what to do with this... and maybe it will be inlcuded in the next release?

Thanks again - Calibre is amazing.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:29 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizj1 View Post
So I guess I have some reading to do to find out what to do with this... and maybe it will be inlcuded in the next release?
If you build from source you will get the change

The change will be included in next release - I would guess coming Friday

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
linux ubuntu, match book