Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-08-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
seirios
seirios began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M96
Issues with NeoReader in M96 (v1.7.4)

Hi there

As this is my first post I'd like to thank Booxtor first for his continuing support and updates regarding the Boox M96, which I think is a great ebook reader.

I've recently updated system software to 1.7.4 and there are three issues with NeoReader I'd like to report on:

1. Key binding settings don't seem to work. Setting the joystick to perform the four Move actions doesn't make it change from it's default behavior </> for prev/next page and ^/v for incr/decr font size.

2. PDF highlighting is kind of slow and performs odd many times, as opposed to the expected behavior observed with e.g. ezPDF. I know this may depend a lot on how the PDF is created and structured but it'd be nice if this could be improved.

3. The new optimized split-screen navigation mode is cool but conflicts with zooming, which means I end up with huge fonts when reading two-column PDF articles. In software version 2014-10-13 (or the previous one, I don't exactly remember now which I had before) it was possible to set both the zoom and the two column navigation, which was really nice.

I bring these up hoping to be constructive, because I think NeoReader is the way to go for reading PDFs in the Boox M96.

Thanks for your time!

P.S. What's the (< >) or (- +) button in the new launcher's top bar for?
seirios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:32 AM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi,
(< >) or (- +) for fast change of key bindings of two lower buttons on the left side.
<> standard for page turn
-+ volume buttons
Some third party apps (like Kindle for example) allow to use for page turn volume buttons , so it is the way to allow to use standard page turn buttons in those apps.

Concerning other reported issues, we will try to reproduce and to fix them in the next update. The best way is to report any kind problems to me directly (using contact page of our store) , since we are not always monitoring forums for this matter.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2016, 04:13 PM   #3
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Any plans to have OTA updates?
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote