Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-21-2015, 07:28 AM   #1
rusky
rusky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Problem with The Kindle Personal Document Service

Hi,

This morning, I noticed that my scheduled news wasn't delivered to my kindle as normal.

I received an email stating "A problem with your document(s) sent to r*******@kindle.com"

Calibre is set to download a newspaper & email it as a mobi to 3 kindles, 1 of which is on a different Amazon account & since Calibre has been running for years without a problem so I guess it's an Amazon issue.

Has anyone else had this recently?
rusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:35 AM   #2
rusky

Looking at my emails, yesterday when it last worked, Calibre sent a mobi that was then emailed by Amazon as an azw.
Advert
Old 09-21-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
jpassarella
jpassarella doesn't litterjpassarella doesn't litter

Device: none
I've had the same problem since updating to the last Calibre update. Amazon is having a problem with the mobi file it receives from Calibre. I haven't been able to get my custom newspaper in the last two days. Wonder if it's possible to install the next to most recent update to "rollback" Calibre to when it last worked w/ Amazon's personal document service.
jpassarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:15 AM   #4
crysania
crysania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD7
This is an Amazon issue

Was having the same issue and chatted with Amazon about it this morning. This was their response:

Amazon: I am really sorry to inform you that the issue which you are facing, it is a known issue and our technical team is working on it. It will be resolved soon. I would request you to please try it after few hours.
crysania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:24 AM   #5
rusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpassarella View Post
I've had the same problem since updating to the last Calibre update. Amazon is having a problem with the mobi file it receives from Calibre. I haven't been able to get my custom newspaper in the last two days. Wonder if it's possible to install the next to most recent update to "rollback" Calibre to when it last worked w/ Amazon's personal document service.
Don't roll back yet as I hadn't made any changes & it stopped working!
Advert
Old 09-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #6
jpassarella

OK. So maybe the problem is on Amazon's end after all. They've had this issue in the past, but usually if I resend the document, it works the second time. This was unusual in that it's two days running now. And a resend didn't help. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:10 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=265464

It's clearly Amazon's fault, and Amazon is the only one who can fix it.
calibre hasn't even changed since then how is rolling back supposed to fix Amazon's servers?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:11 PM   #8
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
This might connected your problem.
Amazon’s Servers Go Down, and The Internet Comes to a Halt

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:25 PM   #9
jpassarella

eschwartz -

Clearly rolling back won't fix it if it is Amazon's issue. When I entered the forum I *thought* that the latest Calibre update broke something since it worked before I did the update but not after. I naturally thought Calibre might be causing the problem. Once here, I was informed that Amazon is having a problem, which negates my informal hypothesis as well as my need to do a rollback to the last Calibre update.

-John
Old 09-21-2015, 01:27 PM   #10
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Understood.

I just want to point out that calibre hasn't received an update since September 10 (no update this past Friday) and AFAIK send-to-email was working just fine in between then and now.

Also the last bugfix that touched the MOBI generation code was on April 1, but I never expected you to know that.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:41 PM   #11
Chon_Lee
Chon_Lee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I did not have the latest version on my computer and was experiencing the same issue. Did the update and it persisted. Most likely a problem on Amazon's end.
Chon_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:13 PM   #12
Gartenzwerg
Gartenzwerg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm having the same problem.
Gartenzwerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:58 AM   #13
rusky

It's working again for me this morning