Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-11-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Sony PRS-505 Service Manual!

Attached is the full service manual containing all the schematic details you need to know if you want to tinker with the hardware of your Sony Reader PRS-505.

Now, anyone with access to these "exclusive test mode" files?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SKU8473.pdf (5.71 MB, 16208 views)
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
RandallFlagg
Hey Trashcan Man
RandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook color, prs 505, Axim x30, psp, Acer Aspire One [running xp]
Thank you very much
RandallFlagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2008, 01:01 AM   #3
honentan
honentan began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
thx very much!
honentan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
inness
inness began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten e, Palm Treo 680, Sony PRS 505
Thanks for this, I seem to collect manuals, I don't know if I would dare to open my machine just yet, but one day when the battery fails I may need this, so again thank very much
Bob
inness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
very interesting
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #6
Ayao
Ayao began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
thank you very much!
Ayao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:38 AM   #7
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
That is soooo cool. Thanks.
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #8
ndmc
ndmc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
THanks alot for this helpful file
ndmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:49 AM   #9
Ronzzz
Ronzzz began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
I bought this manual. I was hoping to learn how to replace the battery. Sony charges $280.00 to replace it!! Duh, they don't advertise this!!!
Ronzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:56 AM   #10
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzzz View Post
I bought this manual. I was hoping to learn how to replace the battery. Sony charges $280.00 to replace it!! Duh, they don't advertise this!!!
Check out post#7 of this thread for a possible solution.
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:03 AM   #11
philma292
philma292 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Thanks a lot! This is handy in case something happens to my reader, or if battery replacement is necessary.
philma292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:36 AM   #12
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
This is great! Thank-you!
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:48 AM   #13
Ronzzz
Ronzzz began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
I have already bought the PRS505 manual. And, I found a replacement battery on the net for about $30.00. My fear is dismantling the unit. It appears to be a delicate job and lots of room for error. Certainly it can be done. But, if not, then I will never buy another Sony product. This high priced battery maintenance can't be just an oversight. Would anyone pay $35,000.00 for a new car battery????????????
Ronzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:20 PM   #14
JustAGuy
JustAGuy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks, should be some interesting reading. My arthritic fingers may not be up to the servicing task though : ).
JustAGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #15
szeku
szeku began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-500
thank you..
szeku is offline   Reply With Quote