Calibre 2.22
OS X 10.8.5
iTunes 12.1
Original iPad
iPhone 5
Sony PRS-T2
Kobo Aura

Currently I:

Load all new ebooks (400+ and counting and all bought-and-paid-for he declares proudly) into Calibre and convert them if necessary to drm-free epubs, tag them and add covers if necessary.

Then I Connect to iTunes and add the books; they are then sync'd automatically to iPad and iPhone on next recharge.

The Sony and Kobo are updated either via direct connection (if recharge is needed) or through wireless web access to Content Server.

Everything works, all the libraries match and I am a happy camper.

The catch is eventually I am going to have to update my Mac and my understanding is Connect to iTunes no longer works even if I avoid the whole iBooks debacle. The other option I have seen is to avoid iTunes all together and use something like Marvin. But Marvin won't run on my original iPad (which is almost solely used as an ereader these days).

I love using Calibre as my central depository for ebooks and my current system works exactly how I think things should. But what are the rest of you who have multiple devices doing?
Macblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
My set-up as it stands now:

Calibre 2.22
OS X 10.8.5
iTunes 12.1
Original iPad
iPhone 5
Sony PRS-T2
Kobo Aura

Currently I:

Load all new ebooks (400+ and counting and all bought-and-paid-for he declares proudly) into Calibre and convert them if necessary to drm-free epubs, tag them and add covers if necessary.

Then I Connect to iTunes and add the books; they are then sync'd automatically to iPad and iPhone on next recharge.

The Sony and Kobo are updated either via direct connection (if recharge is needed) or through wireless web access to Content Server.

Everything works, all the libraries match and I am a happy camper.

The catch is eventually I am going to have to update my Mac and my understanding is Connect to iTunes no longer works even if I avoid the whole iBooks debacle. The other option I have seen is to avoid iTunes all together and use something like Marvin. But Marvin won't run on my original iPad (which is almost solely used as an ereader these days).

I love using Calibre as my central depository for ebooks and my current system works exactly how I think things should. But what are the rest of you who have multiple devices doing?
Can't you use the content server on your iPad and iPhone, just like you do on your Sony and Kobo?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert