Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-06-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Shutdown Looping

I want to do a factory reset on my reader but when I try to turn it off the shutdown does not work. I have left it for several minutes and the screen just shows a loop of shutting down. Any suggestions?
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:11 AM   #2
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Have you tried pressing the reset button first and then shutting down?
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2015, 12:50 PM   #3
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Have you tried pressing the reset button first and then shutting down?
Yes; that doesn't work, just resets the reader and trying to shut down just stalls again.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #4
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Go through the usual steps ... make sure reader is fully charged charge it overnight ... remove the sd card if inserted .... do a reset then try shutting down again .. if that doesn't work and if you can connect to the pc .. delete all recently added books in case its a bad book that's looping in the background is stopping it shutting down ... ... rinse and repeat .. good luck ...
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:49 PM   #5
GeckoFriend
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
Go through the usual steps ... make sure reader is fully charged charge it overnight ... remove the sd card if inserted .... do a reset then try shutting down again .. if that doesn't work and if you can connect to the pc .. delete all recently added books in case its a bad book that's looping in the background is stopping it shutting down ... ... rinse and repeat .. good luck ...
Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried all that and everything else I can think of. I've kind of given up now and will be looking for a new reader. I will really miss my Sony.
Advert