Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-17-2015, 01:31 AM   #1
Marpa
Marpa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1, PW3, Oasis - Kobo Aura H2O, Nexus 5X, 6P, Samsung Tab S 10
Internal images missing

Hello,

I purchased several Kindle ebooks (azw3) with internal images. While the cover is always present, the internal images are missing. It appears a "?" in their place, and the corresponding file (i.e. image001.unknown, 4kb) seems empty (if I save it with the Calibre editor to disk).

Is there a way to restore the images?
I'm using the latest version of Calibre for Windows.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Marpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That will be an azw6 book, which is not supported. Go to your manage kindle page on amazon and download the file from there, hopefully you will get a proper azw3 file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2015, 01:36 AM   #3
Marpa
Marpa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1, PW3, Oasis - Kobo Aura H2O, Nexus 5X, 6P, Samsung Tab S 10
Oh, thank you so much. I'll try it now
Marpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Did you get this to work? I appear to be having the same issue. Re-downloading doesn't help.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote