Notices

Old 07-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #1
Axelos
Axelos
Axelos began at the beginning.

Device: MDA Touch
Question Astak forums?

Hi,
does a specific reason exist why the new Astak devices are not listed in the Forum list of devices ???
Axelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My guess is because nobody owns one yet. It's one of the to-be-released devices.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
There isn't enough posting activity to justify giving the Mentor its own forum.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hmm, good question. Do we have any new findings when Astak is going to release the first devices?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #5
Axelos
Axelos
Axelos began at the beginning.

Device: MDA Touch
Maybe if anybody would introduce the Astak gadgets more in detail to the audience it would lure more members to post about this topic.
Axelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelos View Post
Maybe if anybody would introduce the Astak gadgets more in detail to the audience it would lure more members to post about this topic.
There isn't enough data yet. I have placed the data that exists on the wiki. I hope to get a sample this month to look at.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I don't personally think a device should have it's own forum until it is at least released and available to the general public.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelos View Post
Hi,
does a specific reason exist why the new Astak devices are not listed in the Forum list of devices ???
Hmmm... If Astak were to send one to me to use and review, I'd certainly support a separate forum for them.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #9
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
Astak at DEnvention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Hmmm... If Astak were to send one to me to use and review, I'd certainly support a separate forum for them.
And if they were to LEND me one for the first half of August I should ensure that it is displayed in the Electronic Reading Devices exhibit at the World Science Fiction Convention (Denvention) in Denver 6-10 August.

James - who has managed to borrow a colour ePaper FLEPia from Fujitsu for the event
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #10
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bryant View Post
in the Electronic Reading Devices exhibit at the World Science Fiction Convention (Denvention) in Denver 6-10 August.
I've said before that I am upset that this convention conflicts with my semi-annual computer conference that is being held the same week.

James, if you're thinking about setting up a similar exhibit at another SF convention, let me know. I might be able to adjust my schedule to come and help you out.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:14 PM   #11
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
James - who has managed to borrow a colour ePaper FLEPia from Fujitsu for the event
No way. I demand photographic proof!
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #12
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
Colour ePaper FLEPia at Denvention

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
No way. I demand photographic proof!
What I have, at present, is a promise from Fujitsu that they will ship one to me in Colorado in time for it to be exhibited at Denvention. They want it back afterwards, dammit!

While it is in my sticky little paws I shall, of course, photograph it.

James - who had to pull some fairly potent strings to arrange it
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #13
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Great. Looking forward to it.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:43 AM   #14
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
While it is in my sticky little paws I shall, of course, photograph it.
Just don't drop it... what a pity it would be.

Really looking forward to the photos!!!!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote