Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-17-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
dcpyke
dcpyke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
question about opf files

Hi,

I recently had some corruption on my drive - I was able to restore the ebooks (all epub) but some of the opf files could not be recovered (some might be corrupted as well)

My understanding is these files are a metadata backup used to rebuild the database if it fails.

Database is fine right now but is there something I can do to get it to recreate all the opf. It took awhile for me to get all the metadata the way I wanted it. Don't want to lose it if something else happens down the line.

Thanks
dcpyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@dcpyke - if the .opf are corrupt and cannot be recovered by OS or third party tools, then they're gone.

If they can be recovered in some shape or form then you could open them with a text editor that can deal with LineFeed only line endings (essentially that means most anything - except MS Notepad) You might then be able to eyeball the data and re-enter it.

To avoid a recurrence of this 'down the line' see ==>> How do I backup calibre?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2015, 03:46 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpyke View Post
Hi,

Database is fine right now but is there something I can do to get it to recreate all the opf. It took awhile for me to get all the metadata the way I wanted it. Don't want to lose it if something else happens down the line.

Thanks
Library: Library Maintenance:Library metadata Backup statusthe button)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:30 PM   #4
dcpyke
dcpyke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thank you - I knew there had to be some setting but was not sure what to look for.
re-queued all the books to be on the safe side
dcpyke is offline   Reply With Quote