Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-08-2015, 10:22 PM   #1
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Paste shortcut doesn't work?

I've just recently updated to Sigil v.0.8.2, and have noticed that I can no longer use the ctrl+V hotkey to paste. I've made sure it is set up properly in the hotkeys tab in the preferences, but it still does nothing.

I can use the right-click menu to paste, and it asks me if I want to paste as plain text (which is an awesome feature, by the way!) but it really slows me down without the hotkey. Is anyone else having this issue?
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:07 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
works fine for me

I don't think you can change shortcuts for common commands - i.e. select all, cut, copy, paste etc... but you can assign their common shortcuts to something else.

Go into preferences->keyboard and filter on "ctrl+v" and change whatever has "ctrl+v" to something other than one of the common shortcuts - eg ctrl+shift+v

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-09-2015 at 01:10 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2015, 01:07 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I use ctrl-c|v|x all the time with 0.8.2--on Windows and Linux. Never had to configure anything.

I vaguely remember someone else talking about a similar issue, but I believe it came down to some sort of interfering clipboard-/macro-/hotkey-managing program that was running.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:39 PM   #4
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Strange. I seem to have fixed it by removing the keyboard shortcut altogether. Thanks for your help!
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote