Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-23-2014, 07:09 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Arithmetic operations on numeric fields

I have a custom Floating point number field in my database.

Is there any way I can apply I one-off arithmetic manipulation to the field? (I want to divide by 1.5 and then round to the nearest 0.01 for all books)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You can do it with bulk metadata edit/search & replace, using a template as the source.

Here is a capture of the s/r screen.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	159
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	132834

The template is hard to see in the capture, so here it is
Code:
program: format_number(divide(raw_field('#myfloat'), 1.5), '{0:.2f}')
Change '#myfloat' to the lookup name of your column. The format_number function rounds the result to 2 places (.2f).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow. I'm impressed. I feared I'd have to do some nasty kind of export/munge/import. Many thanks!
Old 12-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
As a matter of interest, what are you doing? Converting prices from dollar to pounds?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:21 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Exactly so. For many years, I could only buy ebooks in dollars (Baen, Fictionwise), so I tracked my spending in dollars. As I bought more ebooks in sterling, I applied an arbitrary 1.5 $:£ exchange rate to be able to keep my records consistent.

But now I buy nearly all my ebooks in sterling. So rather than add a sterling price column, I'd rather like to convert my historical prices to sterling as well. The 1.5 conversion rate will do fine. It will convert my pseudo dollar prices back to their actual sterling prices (+/- 1p), and it will be good enough for the dollar prices - the actual exchange rate has fluctuated over time, of course, but I'm not going to obsess that much over accurate figures!
Advert
Old 12-31-2014, 07:37 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I've just applied this. Thanks - it worked perfectly. Although understanding that the sample books shows the column after the function had been applied took a few minutes

Hooray - all my calibre prices are now in Sterling.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:51 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've just applied this. Thanks - it worked perfectly. Although understanding that the sample books shows the column after the function had been applied took a few minutes
I understand. I don't really like that either, but it is an unavoidable consequence of using a template as the source. The test text column shows the source text, which is the template result including the computation. The test result column shows the same thing because it is a copy of the source.
Quote:
Hooray - all my calibre prices are now in Sterling.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote