Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
garbanzo
bean
garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Nova 2
SD usage

My Kobo Aura will be waiting on my doorstep when I get home, but I'm going out of town for the weekend and I won't have time to get it set up with Calibre.

If I put some DRM-free epubs on an SD card, can I load them from there? Does the SD card need to be formatted in any particular way?

Sorry for the simple question, I just want to be able to use my new ereader over the weekend and my available resources are limited.

Thanks!
garbanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Nope, the simplest way is to just dump the epub files on a fat32 format card and the kobo will just pick them up if you just want them on there quickly
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
BWinmill
Nameless Being

I'm just going to add to what simond said: It won't copy the files onto the Kobo, so leave the microSD card inserted. You will also need to register it prior to use, so make sure you have access to WiFi if you don't have access to your computer. You may want to prepare ahead of time by setting up a Kobo account and prepare to wait around for a few minutes for the update to download.

Last edited by BWinmill; 12-12-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
garbanzo
bean
garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Good info, very helpful. Thanks!
garbanzo is offline   Reply With Quote