Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
holdit
Connoisseur
holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, IPad
Creating an html TOC in Sigil

Running into some problems doing this, I have a saved epub document in Sigil. It has the chapters broken up into the following

chapter1.xhtml
chapter2.xhtml

I need to create a roc.mcx file using the following codes

<navMap>
<navPoint id="navPoint-1" playOrder="1">
<navLabel>
<text>Start</text>
</navLabel>
<content src="Text/Section0001.xhtml"/>
</navPoint>
</navMap>
</ncx>

PROBLEM IS: the epub has back links which presently work but soon as I add a new navpoint, save and validate the file in EPubCcheck 30.rci I get errors

ERROR: /Users/tuneraider/Desktop/PajamaPhilosopherDraft22A.epub/OEBPS/Text/Section0004.xhtml(766,641): 'footnote-4083-10': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Text/Section0001.xhtml'
ERROR: /Users/tuneraider/Desktop/PajamaPhilosopherDraft22A.epub/OEBPS/Text/Section0004.xhtml(826,411): 'footnote-4083-11': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Text/Section0001.xhtml'

I understand that once I create and change the name of sections the new section names should replace the originals any help with this error>

I really just need to create a TOC

any help

R
holdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You say you need to create an html toc, yet you describe an NCX file. Also ... simply adding new navpoints to the NCX file is not going generate those errors in html files. You're confused about something and as a consequence, are not supplying enough info for anyone to really be able to help you.

At a guess, I'd say you have links in Section0004.xhtml that are pointing to ids/anchors that simply don't exist in Section0001.xhtml.

There's a link in Section0004.xhtml that has an href that ends in Section0001.xhtml#footnote-4083-10, but there is no element in Section0001.xhtml that has an id of footnote-4083-10. Ditto for footnote-4083-11.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you have Header tags <H#
why not use the TOC tool?
At least as a starting point. The NCX will start out valid

The HTML TOC tool uses the NCX as its basis
Warning: SAVE your work BEFORE launching that tool. That tool frequently Crashes Sigil on my systems (XP and W7)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #4
holdit
Connoisseur
holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, IPad
Thx for the help.

R
holdit is offline   Reply With Quote