Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-12-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
eliate1
eliate1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Post How to make an lrf file with images in it.

This is a really great forum for ebook reader owners, i'm really happy I found it. I need some help please. I use my reader to read articles from the internet, I just grab all of my articles from my email and from blogs that I read, and throw it into a rtf document and use calibre to convert it to lrf. I would like to know, is there any way I can actually have an lrf file that when I read it it shows the images that goes along with the article?

Eli
eliate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
arcadesdude
Lexically Impaired
arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2
Well if you use Calibre to convert to lrf you can convert html to lrf.

The html and images should be zipped first, then you can add that zipped html book to calibre, click convert ebooks and voilia you have an lrf with images!
arcadesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2008, 08:52 PM   #3
eliate1
eliate1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Prefect, Exactly what I wanted. Thanks very much.

Eli
eliate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I like to save as HTML, open the HTML with Book Designer and use BD to convert to LRF. This gives you a bit more control over the format of the document before you run the conversion.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
For the web, if you user FireFox you can use BookIt

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24403

This tool rocks! It was just created a little less than a month now and is a must have. Ideal tool for coping down web sites.

A note about calibe. If you run html2lrf from the GUI it will not copy the Images for you. You have to put it in a ZIP file then run html2lrf.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's a lot easier to just use Calibre's conversion tools from the command prompt.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote