Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
No Active Content for Voyage?

I just noticed that I cannot Download any of my Active Content (bought for my Paperwhite) to my Voyage. Then I actually went to the product page for specific apps, and it also appears they are not available for Voyage. Do you guys think this is just because the Voayge is new and they have not updated the Active Content store listings, or is the Voyage for some reason not compatible with them?
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm seeing the same thing. I'll go ask Kindle PR.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I think it is a compatibility issue. When the first PW came out, all the active content I had for the Touch did not work. Most of it was updated over the following months to ensure compatibility, but a handful of gamebooks I had purchased on the Touch never worked properly (well, at some point I stopped checking, so I shouldn't say 'never').

But it seems new generations with significant changes require updates to active content. I don't recall any similar problems between PW1 and PW2.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
I think it is a compatibility issue. When the first PW came out, all the active content I had for the Touch did not work. Most of it was updated over the following months to ensure compatibility, but a handful of gamebooks I had purchased on the Touch never worked properly (well, at some point I stopped checking, so I shouldn't say 'never').

But it seems new generations with significant changes require updates to active content. I don't recall any similar problems between PW1 and PW2.
I was told they dropped support for Kindle Active Content. The Voyage won't be getting the apps.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Not just the Voyager, they dropped it for all the eink devices.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
But I can still send the apps to my KPW. I tried, and it worked.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #7
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I was told they dropped support for Kindle Active Content. The Voyage won't be getting the apps.
Well that sucks.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Active Content was never available for people outside the US.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #9
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post
Well that sucks.
I have to admit, it played a part in my decision to go with the PW 2014. I have a lot of active content and don't want to lose it.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #10
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
I have to admit, it played a part in my decision to go with the PW 2014. I have a lot of active content and don't want to lose it.
Really? I never found anything very interesting. A few games, one or two of which held my attention for a few days, but a lot? What did you find?
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #11
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Really? I never found anything very interesting. A few games, one or two of which held my attention for a few days, but a lot? What did you find?
I have a lot of games that I really love and some productivity, note apps, etc. that I like having. When active content first started out a lot of it was free and I grabbed anything useful and paid for some, though very little. Not all of it is compatible with the PW 2014, but I also have two older Kindles and they all work on them.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #12
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Kindle PW 2013 Still has active content

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I get the weather on my Kindle 2013. Its from AccuWeather.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:37 PM   #13
Offie
Enthusiast
Offie plays well with othersOffie plays well with othersOffie plays well with othersOffie plays well with othersOffie plays well with othersOffie plays well with othersOffie plays well with othersOffie plays well with othersOffie plays well with othersOffie plays well with othersOffie plays well with others

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle Voyage
That's an unfortunate decision; I really liked the Active Content.
Do you think that in the end they will drop the "experimental browser" too? Because honestly, I'm sure most people use it even less than the active content...
Offie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:38 PM   #14
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offie View Post
That's an unfortunate decision; I really liked the Active Content.
Do you think that in the end they will drop the "experimental browser" too? Because honestly, I'm sure most people use it even less than the active content...
Not me. I use that a lot. Works great with Calibre.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #15
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
The experimental browser works with Calibre? Care to share a sentence or two about how / what it does? I've never found a use for the experimental browser.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote