Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-06-2008, 04:28 AM   #1
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
new cybook - still charging, and i can't wait!

well, it's been 4 hours and 5 minutes that my new cybook has been charging... since the quickstart guide said it would take approximately 3 hours, i've been checking it since 2 hours and 55 minutes.

is this a case of a watched pot never boils?

in the meantime, i'll try and relax by re-reading some more of my old hardback of redemption of althalus, but it would be much nicer for my wrist if i could just read the mobipocket version on the cybook.

ah, well, back to waiting and
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:11 AM   #2
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yay! it's charged and synchronizing my ebooks
Advert
Old 06-06-2008, 05:26 AM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Congratulations!
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:38 AM   #4
basschick
Wizard

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
Congratulations!
for those considering getting a cybook gen3, let me tell you about my first 15 minutes after it was charged.

getting started was easy

i opened mobipocket reader and it offered to synchronize my stuff, which i had it do. when it would get to a book that required a username and password (these were from fictionwise), i input it and that was that. everything else did it without my assistance.

the cybook is very easy to use. once i disconnected it using the safely remove hardware feature, i went to my library, picked a book and got to reading.

at first, it was strange - first because i decided to try it without a cover, and it's so thin. and then because my eyes are not used to a black frame around what i read - that was actually a little stranger than the gray background of the pages. but within a few minutes, i didn't notice anymore, and began to get in a rhythm turning the pages. they do take a couple beats, but you can read the last line after you hit the button.

all in all, as good as i hoped it would be and very light!

thanks again, everyone, for your info and advice. i'm off to read by cybook for a few minutes before bed