Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 08-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Whispersync for Voice

Whispersync for Voice
Whispersync FAQ & Help
Related Posts & Threads
Whispersync Pricing available when you purchase Kindle Books from:
Whispersync Pricing available when you borrow Kindle Books from:
Monthly Offer -- program ended Sep 2017 --> details | archives

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-02-2021 at 05:58 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:03 AM   #2
Piepan
Connoisseur
Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the middle of MN
Device: Kindle Fire HD6, Kindle Fire HD (Gen1), KT (original), KK, iPhone
Also to be noted is that each month there is one "Free this Month" pairing of Kindle+Audible Whispersync for Voice selection.

Last edited by Piepan; 08-30-2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Removed the stuff that belongs in the deals discussion
Piepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piepan View Post
Also to be noted is that each month there is one "Free this Month" pairing of Kindle+Audible Whispersync for Voice selection.
Correct. I didn't include the monthly free offer, because it's an offer and belongs in the Current Audiobook Specials thread. This thread is meant to discuss anything outside of offers, like how to download a book or issues getting a book to download and other helpful suggestions.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-01-2015 at 11:39 PM. Reason: removed edited material from quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
Piepan
Connoisseur
Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the middle of MN
Device: Kindle Fire HD6, Kindle Fire HD (Gen1), KT (original), KK, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Correct. I didn't include the monthly free offer, because it's an offer and belongs in the Current Audiobook Specials thread. This thread is meant to discuss anything outside of offers, like how to download a book or issues getting a book to download and other helpful suggestions.
Ah. Noted.

Let's say the point of my post was to point out that this monthly deal is a "feature" of the WSV Feature. (I'll amend the deal discussion portion and post accordingly next time, thanks)
Piepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piepan View Post
Ah. Noted.

Let's say the point of my post was to point out that this monthly deal is a "feature" of the WSV Feature. (I'll amend the deal discussion portion and post accordingly next time, thanks)
NP

Until now, the Specials thread was acting like an entire audiobook forum and anything audiobook was being discussed there. Now that we have the new forum, I'm splitting off the non-offer topics.
Advert
Old 09-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Free Whispersync for Voice Pairs

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-12-2015 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:43 PM   #7
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
deleted

Last edited by Froide; 10-06-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:31 PM   #8
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Has Amazon done away with Whispersync pricing for borrowed eBooks?

Maybe this is new only to me, but has Amazon done away with the Whispersync pricing for borrowed eBooks? I was contemplating purchasing the Audible version of an Overdrive book I've just finished and noticed it was full price. I checked my other borrows and the same thing. I'm definitely logged into the same account as it's my only one.

Boo, if so!

ETA: I have an "Inactive Light" account, not that it previously made a difference.

I thought I was making a new thread, but apparently clicked to reply, so if somemonkey wants to move this somewhere else, please do. *throws bananas*

Last edited by copyrite; 12-02-2016 at 05:35 PM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:56 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I bought a WS4V title for a library book on 11/23 just fine, but I just checked out a book now and it did not enable to WS4V option so it looks like maybe they've done something to stop folks from doing that. I still get the option for titles I've actually purchased from Amazon as usual.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:05 PM   #10
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Hmm. I used the Prime free borrowing option for a few Whispersync titles I thought I might pick up someday, and for two that I borrowed several weeks back, I see the reduced price; for the one I borrowed yesterday, I see the full price.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:07 PM   #11
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe it's a temporary aberration? Not holding my breath though.

from my Galaxy S6
Old 12-04-2016, 09:03 AM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Well, that stinks.

Fortunately, I can confirm that a title borrowed via Kindle Unlimited can still get the WSV Audible companion price for the audio book. (I got a Brett Battles book, hoping the Jonathan Quinn books can be read out of order).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:32 AM   #13
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
We lost this perk once before and got it back, so I'm hopeful although not optimistic.

There are two ironies for me:

The first is that I'd use this option mostly for books that didn't seem worth a credit. I'll choose to read them instead, now, so those will be purchases not made.

The bigger irony is that for the last nine months, my credits (free or nearly so) have cost less than the Whispersync price on the books I purchased after borrowing them from OverDrive.

In fact, I can understand Audible's (Amazon) wanting to rationalize its price structure. But I've got an ample library of unheard Audible books and what with free audiobooks at OverDrive, it could be a very long time before my pent-up demand translates into my becoming a full-price for credits customer again. This will mostly affect impulse purchases and impulses don't last.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:37 AM   #14
copyrite
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

The first is that I'd use this option mostly for books that didn't seem worth a credit. I'll choose to read them instead, now, so those will be purchases not made.
Same with me, so I'll be saving a few $$ here and there. If I need audio, I'll just use TTS.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:44 AM   #15
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
We lost this perk once before and got it back, so I'm hopeful although not optimistic.

There are two ironies for me:

The bigger irony is that for the last nine months, my credits (free or nearly so) have cost less than the Whispersync price on the books I purchased after borrowing them from OverDrive.

In fact, I can understand Audible's (Amazon) wanting to rationalize its price structure. But I've got an ample library of unheard Audible books and what with free audiobooks at OverDrive, it could be a very long time before my pent-up demand translates into my becoming a full-price for credits customer again. This will mostly affect impulse purchases and impulses don't last.
I agree completely. I would borrow the e-book just to get the Whispersync price; without that, I'll just pass on the audiobook and keep my money instead of giving it to Audible.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote