Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #1
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Calibre 2.0: Dragging virtual library tabs not working as expected

I have four virtual library tabs at this point.

Right-clicking them, there is an option to sort them alphabetically. This implies that it is also possible to NOT sort them alphabetically, and I started dragging. I can drag and drop the tabs, as I would expect, but when I release it, the tab instantly shifts back to the position it came from. If a tab is moved "off screen" (as if you'd try to drag it outside of the Calibre window), the application can crash, but this behavior is not consistent; I have been able to crash it with any of the four tabs, but sometimes it takes multiple tries.

(I imagine that this problem could be a bug in QT5.)

It is Calibre 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate & Professional.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #3
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FYI: I have never tried to drag and drop virtual library tabs before, because I just started to use them since yesterday, to single out books out of my main library that still have errors in them.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Similar thing here -- win7 pro/64. Sometimes calibre crashes.

I also notice something else which might be related. Assume I have tabs A B C D E and that I drag B to the end. If it doesn't crash then C is moved to the end and B stays where it ways.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Similar thing here -- win7 pro/64. Sometimes calibre crashes.

I also notice something else which might be related. Assume I have tabs A B C D E and that I drag B to the end. If it doesn't crash then C is moved to the end and B stays where it ways.
I've noticed something like this too, but wasn't 100% sure what it was. I've not done extensive testing, but I *was* able to move some tabs by dragging them them to the end of the list, but then they are not arranged as expected.
Advert
Old 08-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you're really desperate to change the order you could could tweak "virt_libs_order" in the metadata_db_prefs_backup.json file, and rebuild the database

Library Maintenance->Restore Library Preferences only

BR
Old 08-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #7
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks, but...

Old 08-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

coward
Old 08-24-2014, 12:12 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...93fe9add801092
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:39 AM   #10
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for looking into it