Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #1
morquai
make it working
morquai began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 626 (Touch Lux 2)
bulk import of metadata using files and command line

I imported a large number of book to calibre. The meta information like authors, cover, comments were bad.
So i googled a long time and tested a procedure to harmonize my library. I used the commands "fetch-ebook-metadata" to create machine readable input. I downloaded missing covers, too.

At this point I got everything to update Calibre library but needed a collection of scripts to perform the meta data bulk upload. Whoever is interested in the scripts my give me a PN.

Scripts are running on windows with cygwin (you definitely need tools like grep,awk etc.)

Functions:
get the internal id of an ebook (my sample acts with the series_index)
mask text input (e.g. in comments) to avoid shell confusion
update the metadata author,comments,id,cover

At the moment parameters are missing but the first working sample is ready.
morquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Perhaps if you show us what you have come up with so far, we can help you refine it.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
bulk update metadata