Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-07-2014, 04:51 AM   #1
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Hints for javascript in epub ?

Hi all,

Just checking to see if one of the developers here had any visions of a foreseeable future way to do javascript in epubs on kobo?

What I am looking for:
- tap text or button to change display properties of paragraphs (eg:hiding or displaying translations / versions of text)

Regards

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:07 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Javascript is not supported in ePub 2. There is some support in epub 3. The ACCESS renderer used for kepubs is also used for epub 3. You can have a look at http://epubtest.org/rs/86/ to see how much of the epub 3 function it supports.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Hi DavidFor (and others)

As usual, thank you for the link. Actually, the "form" paragraph gave me some new ideas to try.

To complete the references for people interested in that thread, I have used:
So far my tests for triggering a click event (on span, div, p, and on link) has had no success.

The only way I could mimic a message box was using the old footnote way

Hope it helps, and expecting more options for... 2015

Regards

François
(The only differences in the hereattached file are the extension and the metadata title, stating the format)
Attached Files
File Type: epub TestEpub3JavascriptChangeCSS.fxl.kepub.epub (4.0 KB, 204 views)
File Type: epub TestEpub3JavascriptChangeCSS.kepub.epub (4.0 KB, 200 views)
File Type: epub TestEpub3JavascriptChangeCSS.epub (4.0 KB, 183 views)
Old 08-08-2014, 06:06 AM   #4
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
You can do it with CSS only:
http://cssdeck.com/labs/vaztkz8p

Javascript is much useful for web contents, but it is also a wonderful language if you want to get hacked. This is especially true for our rooted devices.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #5
fxp33
Addict

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for your reply and for the nice link.

Unfortunately, the problem is to trigger the clic or tap on the kobo (glo or aura hd).

Maybe I did something wrong (see here attached files), but I couldn't make the example work on my device.

Regards

François
PS: you are absolutely right, I definitely need to update my advanced css tricks
Attached Files
File Type: epub TestCssHideNoJS.epub (2.4 KB, 170 views)
File Type: epub TestCssHideNoJS.kepub.epub (2.4 KB, 169 views)
Advert
Old 08-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #6
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Yep, it seems that input is not supported by epub 2. You could try creating an epub 3. Anyway I tried with this other trick, but it doesn't work.

There's a workaround: for what I remember, footnotes on kepubs are opened in a popup box. I don't know how to generate footnotes for Publus. I suggest you to search between free Kobo books.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #7
fxp33
Addict

Hi Lucas,

Yes, already had a lot of fun with footnotes https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=212455

I keep you informed if I find a way to do it.

François