Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-19-2014, 09:36 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Protective sleeve style cover for the Paperwhite?

Does anyone know of a good protective sleeve style cover which fits the Kindle Paperwhite? I thought I had found one on Amazon, but I asked if it would fit this reader and several people told me that it was too big.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GreatShield-...GX2PJ9F3NNBCNV

I want something like this, but for the PW, so that I can easily put my kindle away when called in at the doctor's (who has a looonng waiting time). The book-style one which I currently have isn't secure enough to protect the PW in my handbag.

All suggestions wellcome.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This is the one I bought, which also fits my Kobo Glo.

Perfect.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ADDED: It may not offer the level of protection you desire, but for use around the house, it's absolutely perfect.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-20-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
jscarbo
Addict
jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW2, Nook HD+, Nexus 7
Why not go ahead and get the oversized Great Shield sleeve. Then you could still keep your PW in the folio-style case you're now using and slip the entire unit in the sleeve when you need the added protection.

That's what I do with my android tablet. It always stays in it's folio-style case and when I'm traveling, I put the entire unit in a slightly oversized sleeve that's big enough to accommodate both the tablet and case.
jscarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I've got a few of these...
http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-.../dp/B005DOKK7Q

They work great for my Nexus 7 (2012), Kobo Aura HD and Kindle Touch (abt same size as PW?).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:21 PM   #5
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unfortunately, I ordered the Great Shield sleeve before waiting for the replies to my Amazon question about the size. I didn't have to wait long (30 mins) for answers to the question, at which point I immediately cancelled the order, which was a long way from being dispatched; however, they chose to ignore my cancellation and have dispatched the sleeve anyway. By the time I found this out, I had already posted on here, searched ebay and fallen in love with another sleeve:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Belkin...item3cce8f0eb8
I ordered the tastelessly pink one from a cheaper seller. (I might decorate it with Sharpies )

It's a shame I didn't wait for the experts here to point out some goodies. Love the one in your link, AnemicOak, wish I'd seen that. It probably didn't come up on any of my searches because I put in 'Paperwhite'.

So looks like I'll have two. A tasteful, but over-size purple one, and a girlie hot pink one which fits. I might use one of them for my 505, though that has a book armor.

Any suggestions?
What does one do with a spare sleeve?
Advert
Old 06-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Any suggestions?
What does one do with a spare sleeve?
Buy a spare Kindle to put in it, obviously.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #7
BookCat
C L J

But of COURSE!!! Why didn't I think of that?
Old 06-24-2014, 01:45 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't buy a sleeve that's too small to fit your Kindle and the cover. If you do, then when you take the Kindle out of the sleeve, it's a Kindle waiting to get broken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:51 PM   #9
BookCat
C L J

Please elaborate Jon, I don't quite understand why it would be more breakable.

BTW had an email from the company who sold the over-large sleeve saying they've cancelled the order and refunded me. But it still says 'dispatched' on Amazon. They didn't specify whether they wanted the sleeve returned and how, or if I could keep it (another seller who sent the wrong incense scent refunded and let me keep the item which I gave to a friend).
Confused.

....confusion....that gives me another idea for the novel cure thread.

Tags
case, kindle paperwhite, sleeve cover