Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-05-2014, 06:25 AM   #1
syntaxis
syntaxis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2014)
Exclamation Calibre sends Newsfeeds as mobi instead of AZW3 to Kindle

Hi There,

i currently struggle to get calibre to send my newsfeeds as AZW3 to my Kindle paperwhite (by email).
No matter if choose "AZW3" or "Mobi" under "settings / behavior", calibre always generates a .mobi file.
But if choose another format insted of AZW3, for example EPUB it works and calibre generates an EPUB and sends an email.

Any Ideas how to convince Calibre to send an AZW3?

Greets

Daniel
syntaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The Kindle does not support periodical formatting in azw3 files. If you generate an azw3 periodical all the special periodical features dont work.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2014, 02:25 AM   #3
syntaxis
syntaxis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2014)
Allright, thank you for your help.
syntaxis is offline   Reply With Quote