Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-01-2014, 01:37 AM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
All of the sudden a problem sending ePub to Kindle

Ever since I got my Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 my routine has been to connect as a wireless device and use Calibre to 'send specific format to device' and send my books as ePub's (most books in my Calibre library are in both ePub and AZW3 or Mobi). I then read the ePub with Moon+ Pro (or occasionally Mantano).

Tonight I went about my normal routine, but when I go to send specific format the only options I'm given are Mobi, AZW3 and PDF. There is no option to send an ePub. Is this some problem with the latest version of CC (3.3.5) that's happening because of the enhanced Kindle format support? It's rendered CC pretty much useless for me. Note, I tried sending from Calibre 1.36 which I've successfully sent from before. I then upgraded to 1.39 just in case with the same results.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:22 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You are running the Amazon version, yes?

In version 3.3.5 (Amazon) I reordered the list of desired formats so that the amazon formats came first. I thought that I left epub enabled but at the end. Your post implies that I removed it. I can't check that right now, but if so then that is a mistake.

In any event, the fix is (almost certainly) to go to CC's folder settings, make sure epub is checked, then close the dialog. Reopen the dialog and make sure that the order of the list is what you want. My guess is that you want epub near the top.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2014, 03:45 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You are running the Amazon version, yes?
Yep

Quote:
In any event, the fix is (almost certainly) to go to CC's folder settings, make sure epub is checked, then close the dialog. Reopen the dialog and make sure that the order of the list is what you want. My guess is that you want epub near the top.
Thanks, that sorted it. I went in checked ePub & moved it to the top and things are back to working the way they were.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-02-2014 at 02:18 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote