Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
OrientalReader
OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
sudden problem in epub files

i bought my kobo mini 2 weeks ago. it was great. today i sideloaded some epubs from calibre and when i tried to go to a chapter in one of those books whole reading section went black. this happened for all previous and recent side loaded
epubs but not with thebooks i bought from kobo.

has this happened to anyone before? any ideas what i should do?

(sorry for poor english)
OrientalReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:56 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I would try resetting it by holding the slider for 10 seconds (could take 2 times)

If that doesn't work take off the new books and put them back a few at a time.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #3
OrientalReader
OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.OrientalReader 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I would try resetting it by holding the slider for 10 seconds (could take 2 times)

If that doesn't work take off the new books and put them back a few at a time.

Helen
Thanks for the advice. i have already tried the second one(deleting and putting back). it didn't work.
i kind of panicked ( i really love my ereader) and did a factory reset. it works fine now.
i think problem happened after i sideloaded a epub that i created from merging several epubs. something was wrong with its ToC and the error occurred in every epubs.

same kind of thing happened when i sideloaded kepubs converted from calibre. the lower parts of letters (like g,p,q) of the last lines of the page were missing and they appeared in the top line of the next page like dots and small lines and same happened to the original kepbus files( ones i got buy kobo)

both of this errors happened when i sideloaded books that edited by calibre plugins. any ideas about these errors will be appreciated!

Last edited by OrientalReader; 05-18-2014 at 04:25 AM. Reason: add another issue
OrientalReader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, kobo mini, problem