Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Kindle Paper White case recommendation

I do not carry the standard brief case to work and back, I carry a backpack and sometimes I carry quite a lot of stuff. Sometimes I need to squeeze my paper white into my already over stuffed back pack. Stuffing all that stuff into my back pack cracked the screen on an old reader and I do not want that to happen again. What paper white case do you recommend for this situation?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
motormanjh
motormanjh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
A hard plastic DVD case might do the trick. You may have to use your dremel tool to grind off the inside ridges.
motormanjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2014, 08:45 AM   #3
jscarbo
Addict
jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW2, Nook HD+, Nexus 7
Take a look at this one. It's very lightweight and compact but is rigid enough to provide good protection. I'm very satisfied with mine: http://www.amazon.com/OMOTON-TM-thin...0SK06X416XCMRP
jscarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #4
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
I'm very satisfied with this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Swees-Leather-...dp/B00E15X07U/
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #5
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
I have the leopard-print version of the Swees case mentioned in the post above (http://www.amazon.com/Swees-Paperwhi...7578216&sr=1-2).

I'd really recommend that line of cases. Mine feels nice, is very protective, and it's sold for a good price. It definitely doesn't have the problem with the magnet the bad review on the brown one mentioned.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #6
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
I've tried a variety of the inexpensive ones and always have found something to not like ... the cover failed to shut off the Kindle/turned it off randomly when open ... the cover was "squishy" when open and was uncomfortable to hold when folded back ... the cover failed to secure the Kindle ... ad nauseam.

I finally bought the Amazon leather model. It's on the expensive side but I wasted a heck of a lot more on the cheapies. The Amazon one fits perfectly, is much thinner, folds back properly, stays closed when tossed around in a backpack and looks great.

IMHO
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #7
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The hard case recommended is probably the best idea yet.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #8
Endelyn
Endelyn can extract oil from cheeseEndelyn can extract oil from cheeseEndelyn can extract oil from cheeseEndelyn can extract oil from cheeseEndelyn can extract oil from cheeseEndelyn can extract oil from cheeseEndelyn can extract oil from cheeseEndelyn can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
I have over-stuffing problems when I pack my bag, too. I'm using one of KleverCase's book cover cases (located here -- I have the Great Expectations design). Not only do I think that these cases are among the most visually appealing options available, but I've found mine to be incredibly sturdy.
Endelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:34 PM   #9
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
The Kobo Aura HD case (the zipper case, not the sleepcover) is actually really good, stylish and sturdy, and no magnets, (problem with the Paperwhite, since there is no option to disable magnet power switch.)
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:45 AM   #10
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
My daughter has the Fintie Folio case for her PW2012 which is very nice.

I am considering upgrading my K3 to the forthcoming PaperWhite 2014 edition. I'd be curious to know if anyone has compared these cases:
Fintie Folio to the Fintie SmartShell to the Omotron.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #11
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I have the Fintie SmartShell case for my PW2. I like it--don't love it. In mine, the sleep magnet didn't work consistently, so I glued another thin magnet in the bottom right corner of the case. It works pretty well now--not perfectly, but pretty well. Sometimes when I open the case, my PW2 comes on, but the light stays off. I have to either turn my PW off and on or adjust the brightness to get the light to turn on. Not sure if this is a problem with my Kindle or with the sleep function on the case. (This happens probably once every seven or eight times I turn my Kindle on.)

I do like the fact that it's quite a bit lighter than the official Amazon case (which I also have), but do have to say the sleep function on the official case works much better. I'm still using my Fintie Smartshell--mostly because I like the map design on the one I ordered and I like the lightness of it. But, I may go back to the official case after awhile. Time will tell.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:25 AM   #12
mirbg
Enthusiast
mirbg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Just got my Inateck case. This case is amazing. Way better than Alker, Swees...
It is on pair with the original one from Kindle as build quality:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398767138.158448.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	122281
mirbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:28 AM   #13
jbcohen
Wizard

I like the idea of the sleep cover, however I do not like having the extra weight assocated with the cover. So what I really need is something akin to a sleep sleeve and I do not beleive there is such a thing.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:39 AM   #14
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirbg View Post
Just got my Inateck case. This case is amazing. Way better than Alker, Swees...
It is on pair with the original one from Kindle as build quality:

Attachment 122281
That looks just like the Omoton (from previous posts). Are they the same cases with different names? They look to be really good cases, no matter what name is on them.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #15
mirbg
Enthusiast
mirbg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Kindle Paper White case recommendation

They look completely the same.
I also did mention this..
But anyway- they all are really amazing
mirbg is offline   Reply With Quote