Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Dealing with multiple aliases

How do you deal with authors with multiple pen names? I've been using the name on the book but have been considering changing. There is one who has 3 main names: Krentz, Castle, and Quick. In one triology she has one book under each name which creates a bit of a mess keeping track of the series. I've considered keeping the author names as is but changing the author sorts to just one of the names. Has anyone tried this and does it work well?
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I usually specify two authors, first the one the book was published under, and also the real name. Not perfect, but good enough for me.
Adoby is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2014, 06:21 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@crossi - I use the Author Link field to link to an AuthorInfo folder that's external to the calibre library - so Authors Krentz, Castle, and Quick would all link to the same folder.

So for example I have Authors - Mahmoud Abbas and Abu Mazin - they both link to the folder ...\AuthorInfo\Mahmoud Abbas, because Abu Mazin is Abbas' alias (kunya). And because it's external to calibre I can put whatever I like in the AuthorInfo folder.

I usually use the most widely recognised name, as the AuthorInfo folder name.

I tried a few other schemes before settling on this one. I use the AuthorInfo folders for other things too - links to author blogs, Amazon page, publisher pages, obits, etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote