Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
rmbelson
rmbelson began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Extra Titles - batch process to repair?

I've discovered that ~100 titles are in my library but not in the Calibre database. Is there a way to repair this beyond moving the epubs singly out of the library and then re-adding them one by one? Pretty time consuming to fix manually. Thanks if there is a way to do this more efficiently.
rmbelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Take a look at this thread.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2014, 02:14 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbelson View Post
I've discovered that ~100 titles are in my library but not in the Calibre database. Is there a way to repair this beyond moving the epubs singly out of the library and then re-adding them one by one? Pretty time consuming to fix manually. Thanks if there is a way to do this more efficiently.
Have you actually verified that the titles are in fact not in your library?

I have never come across any extra titles that were not also in my library. The extra titles in my case were orphaned folders left over after I made title or author changes. Upon closer inspection I was always able to verify that the "Extra titles" were books changed or removed by me.

These were orphaned most likely due to the fact that I often leave Dropbox syncing while making minor library changes. Now, more times then not, I pause the Dropbox syncing function before making changes to my library.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:28 AM   #4
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
These were orphaned most likely due to the fact that I often leave Dropbox syncing while making minor library changes. Now, more times then not, I pause the Dropbox syncing function before making changes to my library.
Is your Dropbox syncing part or all of your "Calibre Library" directory? I have Dropbox running, but it's not syncing anything from Calibre, yet I still have the issue I described here.
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:32 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geremia View Post
Is your Dropbox syncing part or all of your "Calibre Library" directory? I have Dropbox running, but it's not syncing anything from Calibre, yet I still have the issue I described here.
Yes I can attribute what I experienced to the fact that my Calibre Library is in DropBox.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
database errors, extra titles, library