Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
GoodCompany
Connoisseur
GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle E-Reader (basic), Nook Glowlight Plus 3
Basic Amazon Purchase to Calibre Question

I read on a Sony Reader and when there is something that is much cheaper or available only on Amazon, I've been purchasing and downloading to Kindle for PC and from there transferring to Calibre. Today, when I tried to open Kindle for PC I got a message "This version of the Kindle application has expired and can no longer be used. Please update to a newer version." On Amazon, I'm not finding a new version to download. I tried installing Cloud and downloading the book I just purchased there, but that doesn't result in a file appearing that I can transfer either. Please advise! And if this question has been answered a hundred times, feel free to just link to appropriate thread -- I couldn't find it on a search. Thanks!
GoodCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I just went to http://www.amazon.com/kindleforpc and downloaded the version for Windows 7 / Vista / XP from there.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2014, 12:10 AM   #3
GoodCompany
Connoisseur
GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle E-Reader (basic), Nook Glowlight Plus 3
That's exactly what I needed -- not sure why I had trouble finding it. Did the update download, converted at Calibre, and happily reading. Thank you so much!
GoodCompany is offline   Reply With Quote