Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-14-2014, 11:58 PM   #1
nushie
nushie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Post Calibre metadata - apps that utilize?

Hello!

I have a Nook Simple Touch and an iPod Touch, and have over a 1000 books (ePub) in Calibre with metadata and covers.

Are there any apps for iOS that can do the following:
- Include the summary as part of the info for each ebook (Calibre comments)
- Include the series info, covers, and sort the books into folders by tags

How about for the Nook Simple Touch?

I already own Marvin. I also recently rooted my Nook. I have been looking for the solution for weeks. I just want an app that reasonably organizes the books based on metadata from Calibre, and I can click on its info to find the book's summary.

Thank you for all your help!
nushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:41 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I only know about Android...

The very best integration with calibre will naturally be found in Calibre Companion. And Mantano also have decent support for calibre tags and comments and other metadata in epubs, but doesn't automatically update the database when books are updated, and doesn't sort into folders, but allow search for tags.

When you send to device or save to disk you can use the templates in calibre to save to different folders, for instance based on #genre. And you can add series information to the title using a plugboard. Read the stickies for more information.

I suspect that B&N has no desire to provide competing (or superior) alternatives to "the DRM-based Nook Reading Experience", so I assume that you have to "side load" to get access to CC and Mantano, If it even is possible...

Last edited by Adoby; 03-15-2014 at 12:55 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2014, 05:05 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
I suspect that B&N has no desire to provide competing (or superior) alternatives to "the DRM-based Nook Reading Experience", so I assume that you have to "side load" to get access to CC and Mantano, If it even is possible...
B&N has allowed access to the google play store, so one can purchase CC in the normal way. We have many Nook users. However ...

The simple touch is not a supported device because it runs such an old version of Android (2.1). I have no idea if there are roms available to take care of that, but even if they exist then one will run into the severe memory constraints of the device.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nushie View Post
Hello!

I have a Nook Simple Touch and an iPod Touch, and have over a 1000 books (ePub) in Calibre with metadata and covers.

Are there any apps for iOS that can do the following:
- Include the summary as part of the info for each ebook (Calibre comments)
- Include the series info, covers, and sort the books into folders by tags

How about for the Nook Simple Touch?

I already own Marvin. I also recently rooted my Nook. I have been looking for the solution for weeks. I just want an app that reasonably organizes the books based on metadata from Calibre, and I can click on its info to find the book's summary.

Thank you for all your help!
Marvin for iOS does what you're asking for, but I see that you already own it.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, ios, metadata, nook