Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Max Height in Calibre Viewer

Having tried an number of different epub readers for my windows 8 tablet, I've now settled on the Calibre viewer in full screen mode now that is has decent touch support.

The one item I'd like to see (and I'm not sure if many people would find it useful) is the ability to set a "Maximum text height in full screen" the same way the maximum width works.

My reasoning is as follows, the way I read I find the extra tall page rendered on a widescreen tablet in portrait mode hard to read (I can't really explain why, it just is)
I've set top and bottom margin to simulate the maximum height, but that is a hard setting, so switching to landscape mode I end up with only a few lines on screen as my margins are taking up the rest. If the max height worked the same as the max width it wouldn't require changing the settings when switching from portrait to landscape.

And IMHO the Caibre viewer is really head and shoulders better than almost all the other readers I've tried on the tablet even without a max height)
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...ec5755656d5d6f
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thank you, perfect.

(and convinced me to get around to making a donation, considering what I spend on books 'n' "toys" it was long overdue...)
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:46 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Thanks
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote