Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-19-2014, 07:18 AM   #1
nariman
nariman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Can't find reader.pref in paperwhite's system folder

Hi,
I can't find the file to change the page margins in Kindle Paperwhite. Does anybody know where this file lies? It must be in the "com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader" folder, but I don't see any such folder in the System folder. I have made the kindle folders unhide.
My software version is the newest one: 5.3.9
Thanks for any help on this.
nariman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
"The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat."
There is no file reader.pref available om Paperwhite 2012/2013.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2014, 10:11 PM   #3
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
The file can be found here on the Touch/Paperwhite:
/var/local/java/prefs/reader.pref

It's a binary file, however. See:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...74#post1968874

One has to have root access to their Kindle.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:49 AM   #4
nariman
nariman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you for the information. I found out that I can use k2pdfopt to resize my pdf documents for Kindle PW. I don't really need many changes beyond this one.
- Nariman
nariman is offline   Reply With Quote