Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
Olnejean
Olnejean began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura HD
Rosetta Books format

Hello everybody!
Before spending some for Sir Winstons Churchill's books sold by Rosetta, I'd like to find out if they can be read with a Kobo Aura HD.
Try as I will, I cannot find any indication on their web site telling the various (if any) formats they supply...
Olnejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
They sell in the usual bookstores - ie Kindle and ePub formats.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #3
Olnejean

Thanks a lot !
Old 01-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #4
Olnejean

I immediately tried to buy a book. I was redirected to Amazon, with no possibility to chooze another origin ... this smells of MOBI !
How should I proceed to get ePub ?
Old 01-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Looking at their site Rosetta doesn't appear to offer their books directly. Clicking the buy button provides a popup with links to some stores that sell them.

Kobo appears to only have five of Rosetta's Churchill titles available (for US buyers anyway) which would of course work on your Aura HD. B&N sells most of them and Amazon has all of them, but books from either would need DRM, if any is used, removed and in the case of Amazon conversion to ePub. They don't appear to sell on Diesel, eBooks.com, Sony or OmniLit at all.

Another alternative would be to use their contact form and see if/when they'll be selling the rest on Kobo...
http://www.rosettabooks.com/contact/contact-form/

Last edited by AnemicOak; 01-14-2014 at 12:27 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #6
Olnejean

Hi Brian
"Looking at their site Rosetta doesn't appear to offer their books directly. Clicking the buy button provides a popup with links to some stores that sell them."
I first had to discover that there is another Winston Churchill, an American novelist, which does not simplify things!!!
However, object of my search is Sir Winston Churchill of WW2 fame.
Searching " Winston S Churchill ebooks" on Google, I got following link
http://www.rosettabooks.com/infocus/...ll-collection/
And when I try to buy a book, I am redirected to Amazon ...
Now, it may be possibly that you, in the States, have wider possibilities to buy than we, here in Belgium!!*£But I want to get the whole lot, and I shall go on searching!
Maybe there is a more direct link with one store where I could buy ???
Old 01-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Kobo only has book 6 of that series...
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...-and-tragedy-1

Amazon has all of them, but you'd have to convert them.

B&N has all of them, but buying from outside the US, although it can be done, takes jumping through some hoops IIRC. (B&N uses ePub, but if the books are DRM'd it's not compatible with Kobo and would need to be removed)...
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=2940013964679
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/thei...=2940014332125
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=2940013925465
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=2940013925496
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/clos...=2940013991989
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/triu...=2940014301404

Those are the only places they're available AFAIK. Otherwise as I said, contact Rosetta and see if/when they'll get the others up for sale on Kobo.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:13 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'd just buy from Amazon and ask our friend Alf for help (if necessary) in converting to ePub.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #9
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Try txtr store.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #10
Olnejean

Thanks a lot, I am making headway!
I am a total beginner ... I just bought the Kobo Aura HD this morning, it is still on is way.
I therefore have to ask many questions!
Is that conversion from MOBI into a readable format a complicated operation? I have never used such programme as Calibre (I have downloaded it anyway).
I think the best is to sit down for a few hours, try all your suggestions, and come back later with further questions if necessary.
Thank you heartily for now !
Jean (John)