Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
laidig
laidig began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
WiFi -- Installing cron/crond

Hello Everyone-

I just completed turning my Kobo WiFi (fw 1.9.11) with a semi-broken screen into a weather panel per the koboWeather python app.

I'm now trying to set up a cronjob for the task (via autoUpdate.sh), but cron does not seem to be installed:

Code:
[root@(none) koboWeather]# /mnt/onboard/.apps/koboWeather/autoupdate.sh
Creating cron directory
Copying crontab file
Starting crond
crond: applet not found
Code:
[root@(none) koboWeather]# crontab -e
crontab: applet not found

Does anyone have a solution on how to install cron/crond?

I've tried searching for this solution but no dice. If my google-fu is not up to par, links are appreciated. I've seen mentions of installing packages, but I see deb and dpkg are not installed out of the box.

Thank you all very much, and happy Gregorian New Year!

Additional info:
Code:
[root@(none) koboWeather]# uname -a
Linux (none) 2.6.28-515-g4eec389 #966 PREEMPT Tue Oct 5 10:29:45 CST 2010 armv6l GNU/Linux

Last edited by laidig; 01-01-2014 at 03:16 PM.
laidig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Try
Code:
busybox crond
http://www.busybox.net/downloads/BusyBox.html

See also:
http://www.scherello.de/?id=265
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=212145
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
jjmcousineau
jjmcousineau began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo WiFi
I am having this same issue, the link above have not helped. Has there been any success or anything else to try?
jjmcousineau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:07 PM   #4
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Try this:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hint...iles/dcron.txt
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:41 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
A cron job would be no use for a suspended device, which should be most of the actual runtime of a Kobo. Look into rtc alarms, which have been successfully used for this purpose on other similar devices (namely, Kindles), at the very least.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert