Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
20Gt
20Gt began at the beginning.

Device: Android
editing a book, more than one colored font?

Hi im creating a walkthur for a game.

ive changed some of the sentences (using calibre editor)to blue or red colors using the built in html codes. I cant seem to get my (moon+ reader) to recognize the different colors. should i be using css or is this normal and different colored fonts cant actually be used.

Thanks Steve
20Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
You can use this in the CSS file:

Code:
.color1 {
  color: #FF0000;
}

.color2 {
  color: #00FF00;
}

.color3 {
  color: #0000FF;
}
Then designate the parts you want to have a different color:

<p> ... </p> will be default.
<p class="color1"> ... </p> will be red.
<p class="color2"> ... </p> will be green.
<p class="color3"> ... </p> will be blue.

If this works in Calibre's preview, then you have done everything correctly; if it doesn't work in Moon Reader, it may be ignoring font colors.

Last edited by Katsunami; 12-28-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Gt View Post
Hi im creating a walkthur for a game.

ive changed some of the sentences (using calibre editor)to blue or red colors using the built in html codes. I cant seem to get my (moon+ reader) to recognize the different colors. should i be using css or is this normal and different colored fonts cant actually be used.

Thanks Steve
for the basic 16 colors, you can use their name if you don't want to look up their RGB codes
Stylesheet:
Code:
color: blue;
background: white;
border-color: red;
NOTE: color names are lowercase (all predefined names and tags must be LC. only user selectors may be mixed case and then, they must match exactly in use)
all valid
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Browser like devices, including calibre's viewer, are much more tolerant of errors than actual devices or readers. The rules are also not the same epub vs. web pages.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, moon +