Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
Cyclops
Only need one eye to read
Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C, Sony PRS-300, Nintendo DSi XL,
Weird formatting error?

I wasnt sure where to put this as it's a non specific query. Basically the last story I read had a few weird errors in it, and its not the first time such has appeared.
I dont know if its down to something Im not doing in Calibre or if its to do with the scans from Gutenberg.
This particular instance is in mobi format, and was originally on my Sony reader. Then I transferred it to a memory card for my new Kobo.
Its supposed to just read "Those?"

[Image deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-28-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
It's common to find many such errors in Gutenberg scans. You can open the book on your PC in the original format that you downloaded from Gutenberg to be sure it's coming directly from them and not something you're doing on a conversion in Calibre.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
It seems a piece of stylesheet information ended up in the text itself. It could be an inline style that has problems with it's opening or closing tags. If the original mobi already had some sort of problem, Calibre may have botched the conversion to some extent. There's no way to know.

As the book came from Gutenberg, it'd probably be best to just redownload the book in EPUB format.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote