Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-27-2013, 03:02 AM   #1
jabalong
jabalong began at the beginning.

Device: none
Best e-reader for exporting highlights (and annotations)?

I have a Kindle Touch, but am looking at getting a new e-reader and wondering what's the best one for exporting highlights and ideally annotations too (though I could live with just highlights).

Found this thread from last year, which mentions Onyx exporting like this:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderundecided
What is the process of exporting the highlights? And how are the highlights exported? The specs of the device say nothing about this feature. I wouldn't be interested in exporting the highlights on a PDF, but with ePub and mobi.

It is quite easy.
Open your EPUB document with PDF Reader. You can highlight some text passages with annotation tool. This highlighted passages can be additionally commented by you. In annotations menu you can select "export annotations". A new TXT file in same folder will be created (your_epub_name.epub._annot_text.txt in same folder as the source document)

Your annotation in it look like:

[page: 23]

Highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight.

your comments your comments your comments your comments your comments your comments your comments your comments your comments your comments
------------------------------------
[page: 27]

Highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight highlight.

your comments your comments your comments your comments your comments your comments your comments your comments your comments your comments
That's about what I'm looking for, though maybe percentage read (and "chapter number" ideally) would be perfect. Just want it exported as text.

Was going to reply to the above thread, but it's closed now, so just throwing out the question again in case there were any other options or new devices in the past year.

Cheers
jabalong is offline   Reply With Quote