Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
zonoiko
zonoiko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Post Error Uploading mobi to KDP

I have been uploading 'old' type mobi file converted by Calibre. But from yesterday, I have been getting the following message:

We encountered a problem while processing your file. This error is common with MOBI files created by non-Amazon conversion tools. Please upload your book in a different format or use one of our supported conversion tools. Refer to our formatting guide for more information.

Am I the only one who is getting this message? Or is there any solution?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by zonoiko; 12-13-2013 at 02:55 AM.
zonoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You aren't allowed to use anything but the official Kindlegen when uploading to Amazon.

You can also upload the ePub version and they will run Kindlegen for you.

Probably because of this:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/APNX#Kindle_publishing
Quote:
Kindle publishing

KindleGen version 1.2 does not generate an APNX file directly; it creates a PAGE section in the MobiPocket file which is then stripped and converted to an APNX file by Amazon's publishing service. The KindleGen input can use either a NCX pageList or page-map xml.

Kindle Previewer, as of version 1.5, does not display page numbers. In addition, Kindle for PC and Kindle for Mac, while they do display page numbers using .apnx files, are unable to read them from a MobiPocket file generated by KindleGen. This makes testing the page number feature somewhat problematic for publishers.
As well as the fact that they want the joint MOBI from Kindlegen which contains both the .mobi fallback for older devices and the improved .azw3 content for newer devices.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2013, 03:07 AM   #3
zonoiko

Is is a new format?

I have successfully uploaded old mobi files until last month. So, Kindlegen is newer?
Old 12-13-2013, 03:32 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I think they just randomly reject it at times; anyway, it's not the recommended way to do it, since you don't get the .azw3

azw3 has been out for a long time now, I think it's been a couple of years.

You will want to make use of it anyway, since it supports more advanced formatting and stuff.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:23 AM   #5
zonoiko

bullet-ed text left aligned

Thank you.

I used docx>(via: www.2epub.com)ePub. Then converted it to mobi by Kindlegen. It does now accept, but the bulleted text got left aligned other than justified!

:-(
Advert