Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
drdtyc
drdtyc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T2
Newbie Question: How to enable word wrapping in a table cell ?

I am a newbie on using Calibre.

I have successfully converted a Kindle ebook using Calibre for reading on my Sony PRS-T2.

The only problem is that a table of the converted ebook spills overthe right hand margin and is thus truncated on the Sony PRS-T2 screen.

When I read the Kindle ebook on my PC, the text in a cell of the table is word wrapped into two lines. Hence the table can be fitted within the right hand margin of the book.

In contrast, when I read the converted ebook on my Sony PRS-T2, the text in a cell of the same table remains in a single line. Thus each column of the table is lengthened resulting in the table spills over the right hand margin. If I change orientation from protrait to landscape on teh Sony PRS-T2, I can read more columns of the table. But there are still one column that is truncated.

Is there a simple option in Calibre to enable word-wrapping in a table when doing the conversion from Kindle to Sony PRS-T2?

Please advise. Thanks!
drdtyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Wrapping of tables is a function of the reader software and cannot be set int the book during conversion. You can use the linearize tables option in calibre which will convert all tables into a series of paragraphs, each of which will wrap, but then, of course, the tables wont be tables anymore.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert