Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
Rickshaw
Rickshaw began at the beginning.

Device: psr t-1
Calibre can't open database after reset

My Sony PRS T1 is driving me insane! (I'm running Calibre on a windows 7 64 bit sx.) For some reason, Calibre can't read its database. I tried deleting the db file and letting it rebuild multiple times but Calibre still wasn't able to open the db. Previously, this problem was resolved by erasing the db file. In desperation, I did a factory re-initialization. Afterwards, before adding any books, I connected to Calibre and it still can't read the db. This is the message I get:

calibre, version 1.13.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

unable to open database file

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 481, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prst1\driver.py", line 163, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 247, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prst1\driver.py", line 248, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prst1\driver.py", line 275, in update_device_database
OperationalError: unable to open database file

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

Thanks
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sounds like your reader is failing. You can still transfer books to it using save to disk in calibre, but if calibre cannot read the db file, then it cannot connect to it as a device.

You can also disable the sony driver interface plugin in preferences->plugins and connect to the reader using connect to folder in calibre, which is a bit more convenient than save to disk.

However, since your reader is failing, it's likely other things will break soon.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
Rickshaw
Rickshaw began at the beginning.

Device: psr t-1
You have confirmed my greatest fear. I guess I need to spring for a new book reader soon. By the way, thanks for creating Calibre, it a magnificent piece of software!
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Probably a stupid suggestion, but have you tried using an SD card for storing your books?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
database errors, factory reset, prs t1