Connoisseur
sup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2012)
ipython somehow not working?

I am running a recipe with calibre 1.3 using ebook-convert. I have inserted

Code:
from calibre import ipython
ipython(locals())
into my recipe but instead of ipython, it launches just python shell (>>>>), tab completion and magix functions do not work. This used to work. am I doing anything wrong? This is on Ubuntu 13.10 wiht calibre downloaded from http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux .
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre no longer bundles ipython with it, as it was very large for little gain. If you wish to use ipython you have to add it manually either by modifying sys.path before calling ipython() or manually copying ipython into the calibre install dir.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
sup
Connoisseur
sup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2012)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre no longer bundles ipython with it, as it was very large for little gain. If you wish to use ipython you have to add it manually either by modifying sys.path before calling ipython() or manually copying ipython into the calibre install dir.
Ok, although I found the feature quite handy. But at least I now know how to embedd ipython anywhere. Would you please update the documentation here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/deve...on-interpreter

And the excersie left to the reader as to how to precisely do that:

1. run ipython and run
import sys
print sys.path
[the path you got]
2. to your recipe, add

Code:
import sys
sys.path.extend([the path you got])
import IPython
from IPython.config.loader import Config
# and then put to a suitable place in tour code this: 
IPython.embed(user_ns=locals())
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...276ca1937cd2c8
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote