Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Auto-convert on send to device.

I could've sworn there used to be an option, when auto-converting on send to device, to not save the converted file. But I cannot find it.

I am trying to send a massive library of ePubs to a Kindle, and don't want all those azw3s sticking around, cause I have no other use for them and it fills my Dropbox.

Is there an option for this, or am I losing my mind?

I have triple-checked every option under Preferences, I think.

eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is an option to auto delete news downloads after sending to the device, but that's it. calibre doesn't have a lot of auto-delete style options, I dont feel like dealing with the "calibre deleted my books by itself" style bug reports they will generate.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2013, 02:17 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I suppose it makes sense, but I could swear at the very least there used to be an option, which was just confusing me.

Oh well, I'll just have to avoid syncing Dropbox and keep track of what stuff was converted and which had azw3 to begin with.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #4
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Bookeen Diva, Kobo Clara BW
You could periodically do a search on every book with epub AND azw3 formats, then deleting the azw3 version of those books:

format:"=epub" and format:"=azw3"

Optionally, add a date filter if you want to only act on books you added on a certain period:

format:"=epub" and format:"=azw3" and date:>2013-10-03 and date:<2013-11-01

Then select all, "Delete books / Remove books of a specific format", and you're done.

Obviously, a backup before such a massive action is de rigueur.

Actually, I'd recommand to first create a virtual library of the books you selected with your search, then take time to peruse that virtual library to be sure that there's no mistake in the selections. Then you delete.
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote