Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
LaGringa
Enthusiast
LaGringa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
OK to delete "Calibre Library deleted" folder?

I just noticed that I have some folders created by Calibre that appear to relate to the now fixed filename bug. They are in the form of "Calibre Library deleted f2hmdl". I vaguely remember getting the 'file is in use' message when it wasn't in use (to my knowledge anyway). I did a library check and deleted duplicate references. I've since updated to v. 1.7. The latest library check indicates no problems. The books in question are in my library.

Can I just delete these folders now through Windows explorer or is there anything else I need to do? I generally don't touch the library folders at all, so just checking so I don't do something stupid.
LaGringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGringa View Post
...Can I just delete these folders now through Windows explorer...
That is what I do and haven't run into any problems.

There may be some way by meandering through the Calibre menus, but when I know already a very quick and easy (and perhaps dirty too) way, I find that I am too tired to go looking for alternatives .
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, you can.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
LaGringa
Enthusiast
LaGringa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
Thank you both.
LaGringa is offline   Reply With Quote