Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
lschmier
lschmier began at the beginning.

Device: none
Newbie to the ebook world

Well, though I've published about nine traditional books, my latest is my first venture into the ebook world. So, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Louis Schmier. The first name rhymes with phooey, the last with beer. Since I believe everything we do starts from who we are inside how about if I say some things about myself. I am a 72 year old - in body, but an "experienced" teenager in mind and spirit - born and bred New Yorker who came south in 1963. To keep me close to my collegiate athlete shape, I power walk 7 miles every pre-dawn morning at about 12.5 per click. That's my essential meditative "Just to " time. I do a weight lifting program using ten pound dumbbells. Cataract surgery cured my "blind-as-a-batness" and has given me 20-20 eyesight that compliments my 20-20 "heartsight." Still need store-bought glasses for close up reading. I have survived a bout with cancer and came through unscathed a massive cerebral hemorrhage that should have killed me. I am better and stronger because of those experiences. I am a grandfather who loves to dote on and spoil rotten my three "grandmunchkins" and then give them back to their parents. I am an avid flower gardener. I love to cook on my wok. I occasionally sculpt. I am an avid reader and writer. Loving to work with my hands as well as with my heart and mind, I built a three room master complex addition to the house and a koi pond. And, I am a "fixer-upper" who does not like having any repairman step across the threshold. But, without a doubt, my most important credential is that I was lucky--and I mean lucky--to have met my beloved Susie in the fall of 1965 on a blind date at Chapel Hill that neither one of us wanted. It was the first of what I call "divine timing" that I have experienced over the years. We got engaged 8 weeks after we met, got married in August, 1966, have raised our two sons, Michael and Robby, in Valdosta, and have grown together ever since. Oh, by the way, I received my A.B. in History from Adelphi College in 1962, my M.A. from St. John's University in 1963, and my Ph.D. in History from the University of North Carolina in 1969. But, I prefer to use that "Dr" stuff only if I can get a discount or a good table. I have been teaching students as a member of the History Department at Valdosta State University in Georgia since 1967 when VSU was VSC. Having retired on December 1, 2012, I now currently hold the rank of emeritus, whatever that means.
lschmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Louis and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hello and welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
orange!
Born to be wild
orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle K3 wi-fi, Nexus 7 + Aldiko
Welcome to MR, Dr. Schmier.

We've reserved a special table for you.
orange! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
lschmier
lschmier began at the beginning.

Device: none
You buying?
lschmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
orange!
Born to be wild
orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle K3 wi-fi, Nexus 7 + Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by lschmier View Post
You buying?
orange! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
louis schmier, new author, schmier